Written by Tanja
on September 4, 2017
Officially, this year’s Heart Centred Business Conference is now over…
I’ve just spent a freaking AMAZING five days in Australia’s Sunshine Coast, four of which were at Tash Corbin’s Heart Centred Business Conference (AKA #Ladyposse2017).
The speakers were pretty much all fantastic. And I learned – and, perhaps more importantly, felt prompted to implement – so freaking much. For example:
- Patricia Lohan’s session on energy management was exactly the poke I needed to start meditating regularly again. Combining her connection to Source exercise with the gratitude technique Ricci-Jane Adams taught at Artful has given me a specific and wildly powerful 10-minute daily practice that I’m loving.
- Jo Bendle’s talk on productivity reminded me of three tactics I can use to make sure I’m focussing on the right things each day. I now have daily and weekly review times scheduled into both my calendar AND as alarms on my phone. And I’ve blocked out time each morning to work on all the stuff in the 60-day plan I developed at the VIP day (more on that later).
- Zach Spuckler’s whirlwind presentation on 5-day challenges has got me thinking about how I could do one for the Crystal Clarity tribe. It’s not in the 60-day plan (because, holy frak: I actually have FOCUS for the first time in way too long), but IS on the “possibly by the end of the year” list.
And there was a bunch of social stuff too that I unfortunately just didn’t have the energy to take advantage of. (For some reason, I wasn’t just dealing with my usual uber-introversion this conference. I also got a massive HSP flareup that meant I didn’t deal well with the roaring wall-of-noise that naturally happens whenever ~80-odd people get chatting with each other in small areas.)
But by far the most powerful part for me was the VIP day
I’ll be honest – I was a little nervous last September about the cost of a VIP ticket. But it was WORTH it – enough that I’m already signed up again as a VIP for the 2019 conference.
Why? Because getting to experience a small group mastermind (and when I say “small”, I mean “two other people”) with each of the four expert speakers face-to-face was brilliant. And getting their ideas, feedback and recommendations to craft my individual plan for the next few months? Well, I suspect I’d have needed to pay a lot more than that if I’d done it outside of the conference.
So what did I discover during the quality time I spent with each of those speakers?
- First up, I have way, way, WAY too many options for services, packages and consults.
- Secondly, I’m also apparently undercharging massively for the amount of work that goes into my packages. Seriously: one of the speakers there told me he’d expect to pay $4,000-8,000 for a single sales page.
- Third, I really don’t “walk my talk” and do what I tell my clients to do when I work with them. In fact, I DON’T EVEN HAVE A SALES PAGE FOR MY SERVICE PACKAGES.
- Finally, I still get nervous about promising results because I know that some peeps who approach me actually have problems that AREN’T related to their web page copy (remember the three pillars post?)
So based on that, here are the changes I’m making (and what they mean for you)
You know how when you go to some conferences or business events, you come away with eleventy billion ideas that you’re excited about (but know you’ll NEVER end up implementing)? Well, this wasn’t THAT kind of conference.
So after making the above discoveries, here are the changes I’ll be making over the next few weeks:
- For the foreseeable future (possibly forever) the ONLY thing you’ll be able to buy from me is a single sales page package. All my other packages and consults are going away. (Oh, except for book editing – but that’s not through my Crystal Clarity website.)
- I’ll be limiting the availability of those to three each month. Each package will still include a strategy session, research, first draft and revisions, and the limit will allow me to give each client the time, effort and attention they deserve.
- To make that economically sustainable for me, the sales page package price will double. At the end of September, it will increase from $US997 to $US1997. So if you know you’re launching something before the end of this year – especially if your page didn’t convert as well as it should have last time around – you might want to get in touch NOW .
- I’ll be changing up my Discovery Session questions. Finally, to ensure that I only end up working with people I can genuinely help, I’m tweaking my “Make Your Message Crystal Clear” discovery session questions a bit. That way, if someone really needs help with of the other pillars, I’ll be able to refer them to the right people.
Not sure whether a sales page package is right for you?
I totally get that even the current price (let alone the new one) can feel like a lot to invest in your launch. And that’s especially true if you’re not sure about the return you’ll get on that investment.
Because I’ve always understood that reaction, I’ve never taken on clients until AFTER we’ve had a chance to sit down and talk with each other in a “Make Your Message Crystal Clear” Discovery Session. That’s a free, one-hour consult where I get crystal clear about you, your business, your values, your clients, and now the results your sales page got last time around too.
I’ll only suggest working together if I’m confident that a new sales page will improve those results. If not, I’ll make sure I refer you on to someone whose services WILL.
Want to book a free “Make Your Message Crystal Clear” session? Click here!