If you’re curious, you can read the full resource review here. If you’re short on time though, I’ll sum up what I wrote there as follows:
- I got a lot out of taking part in the 2013 Biztopia challenge (Although I can’t quantify my results with 100% certainty, damnit, because I’ve lost the file I kept them in!)
- I do know that in Week 2 of it, I’d increased my connections by around 200 (as evidenced by THIS post). I think by the end of it, my new connections from the challenge were about three times where they were then.
- I really resonate with the way Amethyst works – including her acknowledgement that we’re all different, and not everything’s going to work for everyone.
- I mentioned that the challenge worked really well for me as an introvert. However, you TOTALLY don’t need to be introverted for it to work for you.
- Plus, not only have I signed up for Biztopia 2014 (aff link), I’m speaking on it!
- I’d love you to join me there: signing up is totally free, although as with most telesummits and business challenges, there are membership upgrade options. You can totally stick with the free version if you prefer though!
Incidentally, here’s how I ended up speaking on this year’s challenge…
Do you, like me, have a goal to speak on telesummit this year (or at some point)? If so, I thought you might like to hear how I swung an invite to speak on Biztopia.
Firstly, it’s helpful if you sign up for and participate in the kind of telesummits you want to speak on. Last year, I took part in Biztopia, List-a-Palooza and the Wealthy Mind Warrior Telesummit. And I tried, as much as I could, to be active in the communities that formed around them. The meant the folks who ran them kind of knew who I was and what I do.
Next, it helps to let the organisers know you’d love to be considered as a speaker. When Biztopia 2013 finished, I told Amethyst (half-jokingly) that I’d love to speak about introversion to her audience if she ever did the challenge again.
Later on last year, we were talking and I asked her if she was doing Biztopia again this year. When she said yes, I reminded her that I was totally up for speaking on it if she’d like me to. And *squee*! She said yes!
So I’m getting to speak about just how HUGE a role energy management plays in business building for introverted biz owners. My talk is happening on Feb 12 NZ time (Feb 11 in the US/UK), and if you’re around on the day, I’d love for you to join me!
Meanwhile, if you’d just like to find out more about Biztopia 2014…
The Quick-n-Dirty Details
- What: Amethyst Mahoney’s Biztopia 2014 challenge (aff link)
- Contains: a 60-day business challenge, including tools, training, networking opportunities and more
- Cost: totally free for the basic challenge, although there’s a range of paid options to upgrade your membership too (disclosure time: I upgraded to the $27 level last time around and it was perfect for me, so I’m doing the same thing this year).
- Conclusion: Definitely recommended to get you creating connections, building your list and growing your business in a way that works for you.
Did you do Biztopia last year? What did you think? What kind of results did you end up getting from it?
Never heard of the challenge? Why not check it out and see if it feels right for you.